Welcome to Quiz 2: The American Revolution quiz! This quiz will test your knowledge of one of the most significant events in American history.
The American Revolution was a period of political upheaval in the 18th century, which led to the establishment of the United States of America as an independent nation.
With 10 multiple choice questions, we aim to challenge and expand your understanding of this pivotal moment in history.
So, get ready to put on your thinking cap and let’s see how much you know about the American Revolution!
Quiz 2: The American Revolution
- When did the American Revolution take place?
Answer: d) 1775-1783
- What was the name of the document that formally declared America’s independence from Britain?
a) The Declaration of Rights
b) The Articles of Confederation
c) The Constitution
d) The Declaration of Independence
Answer: d) The Declaration of Independence
- Who was the commander-in-chief of the Continental Army during the American Revolution?
a) George Washington
b) Benjamin Franklin
c) Thomas Jefferson
d) John Adams
Answer: a) George Washington
- What was the name of the first battle of the American Revolution?
a) Bunker Hill
b) Lexington and Concord
Answer: b) Lexington and Concord
- Who wrote the pamphlet “Common Sense” that helped to galvanize support for American independence?
a) Benjamin Franklin
b) Thomas Paine
c) John Adams
d) Thomas Jefferson
Answer: b) Thomas Paine
- What was the name of the final battle of the American Revolution?
c) Bunker Hill
Answer: a) Yorktown
- Who was the British king during the American Revolution?
a) King George III
b) King Henry VIII
c) King Charles II
d) King Edward VI
Answer: a) King George III
- Which country supported the American colonies during the Revolution?
Answer: a) France
- What was the name of the treaty that officially ended the American Revolution?
a) The Treaty of Paris
b) The Treaty of Versailles
c) The Treaty of Amsterdam
d) The Treaty of Berlin
Answer: a) The Treaty of Paris
- What was the main reason why the American colonies rebelled against British rule?
a) They wanted to establish a communist government.
b) They wanted to expand their territory into Canada.
c) They wanted greater representation in the British government.
d) They wanted to impose their own religion on the British people.
Answer: c) They wanted greater representation in the British government.