How to install Rambox on Linux – Rambox is a free and open-source messaging and emailing app that allows you to combine most commonly used web applications into one single dashboard. Furthermore, it gives you the possibility to add commonly used services as many times as you need. Also it’s perfect for people who work with many services for business and private accounts. A new way to organize your services.
Before we proceed on how to install Rambox on Linux, lets take a quick look at its features.
- Support multiple languages
- Allows you to sync your configuration between multiple computers if app is installed in different machines
- You can set a master password, so it prompts you for a password every time app is opened
- Also offers you ability to lock app if you will be away for a period of time
- Don’t disturb mode feature available as well as option to inject a Custom Code
- You can reorder services in the tab bar and group into two groups (left and right)
- Every time you have something new to check, you will see a badge in the tab of the service and in taskbar icon
- Always runs and can be accessed in the system tray
- Also you can mute audio to each specific service
- Separate tabs floating to the right hand side
- Ability to disable a service instead of remove it
- Set app to start automatically on system startup
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Furthermore, you can configure it to use a Proxy if your network blocks some services
- Switch from horizontal to vertical tab bar
Rambox Changelog – Currently v0.7.9
- Fixed blank window on Custom Services.
- Fixed exit button on Master Password screen.
How to install Rambox on Linux
Install on 32bit OS
sudo apt install gdebi wget https://github.com/ramboxapp/community-edition/releases/download/0.7.9/Rambox-0.7.9-linux-i386.deb sudo gdebi Rambox-0.7.9-linux-i386.deb
Install on 64bit OS
sudo apt install gdebi wget https://github.com/ramboxapp/community-edition/releases/download/0.7.9/Rambox-0.7.9-linux-amd64.deb sudo gdebi Rambox-0.7.9-linux-amd64.deb
How to uninstall app from Ubuntu
sudo apt remove rambox
What are the alternatives for Rambox Free Messaging?
There are many alternatives to Rambox free messaging app. Our top 4 alternative to Rambox are:
Pidgin, Trillian, Franz, Jitsi
What is Rambox Ubuntu?
Rambox is a free and open-source messaging and emailing app that allows you to combine most commonly used web applications into one single dashboard.